Thursday, January 25, 2007

I am Secret!

So, since I'm the only one posting, I thought I'd add something else on which I was hoping for input. What do we think is the Prophet's "deeper secret"?

These things he said in words. But much in his heart remained unsaid. For he himself could not speak his deeper secret.
From page 7 of my edition, in the first chapter, after the ship comes in and just before the elders address the prophet.

I'm tempted to relate this to my earlier obsession with Almitra, but that may just be me.

3 comments:

Clint said...

When I first read it, I took it to be some vague, spiritual thing. Like, you know, "Each of us carries within us a deep secret, the secret of Life, which is deeper than words can say, but which cries out from within our hearts" or some shit like that.

Jen said...

"some shit" indeed.

Jen said...

And a man said, Speak to us of Self-Knowledge.
And he answered, saying:
Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.
But your ears thirst for the sound of your heart's knowledge.
You would know in words that which you have always known in thought.
You would touch with your fingers the naked body of your dreams.